Establishing stones of remembrance is vital to our faith. It’s something we can intentionally do so we won’t forget past blessings and answers to prayer.
Then there are other ways God “brings back” His truth to our hearts and minds. This week we’ll look at how He does just that.
As usual, let’s check out these verses in two or more versions of the Bible.
Read John 14:26
1. What important role does the Holy Spirit have in our lives?
Read 2 Peter 1:12-15
2. What does Peter say about reminding? What responsibility do you think we have to other believers?
Read 2 Peter 3:1-2
3. What does the ministry of reminding do for others? What does Peter want his readers to recall?
Read Exodus 12:21-27
4. What lasting ordinance is described in this passage? Why were the people to observe it?
Read I Corinthians 11:24-26
5. What command for remembering does Jesus give in these verses? What do these symbols represent?
Has a fellow believer ever reminded you of a truth from the Bible that you knew but needed to hear? Or have you ever hesitated speaking a word to someone you consider more mature in their faith? How important is this ministry of reminding for us today? I hope you’ll share your thoughts with us in the comments section of our study. May God bless the study of His Word in your life this week.