The Power of Life Giving Words
I’ve always been a rather quiet person. Easily intimidated by the knowledge of others, I prefer to keep my thoughts to myself rather than push them on others. An old proverb says that even a fool is thought wise when he keeps quiet. Guess I’d rather not err on the side of talking too much less I show my ignorance. But get me going on biblical truths and it’s a different matter. It’s there’s I find truth to stand on! It’s there I’m confident. The Bible talks a lot about our mouth and our words. We just studied scriptures that declare God’s Word is powerful enough to accomplish His purposes, never returning empty or void when spoken. Let’s look at some examples from the Old Testament that zero in on these life-giving words.
Read Exodus 4:10
1. What was the concern of Moses when God called him to speak to Pharaoh to lead God’s people out of Egypt?
Read Exodus 4:11-12
2. What was the Lord’s reply?
Read Read Jeremiah 1:9
3. What two things did the Lord do to Jeremiah’s mouth?
Read Jeremiah 1:12
4. What did the Lord do with His Word?
Read Joshua 1:8
5. What did the Lord command Joshua about his mouth and what promise goes along with it? How does this challenge you today?
Please post your answers in the comment section and let us hear what you get out of this study.