Spending time in God’s Word and in His presence has affected who I am and the choices I’ve made. I realize how needy I am for Him. I truly can’t make it without God in my life.
One of the worship songs my sons wrote says, “Jesus, I’m lost without you; all I want, all I need is all of You.” This should be our daily cry in building our relationship with Jesus Christ. Are we desperate for Him? Do we require Him as the most necessary component of our life, or is He merely an after thought once our own efforts have failed? Is Jesus your ALL ? Consider these verses.
Read Luke 10:38-42
1. What was Mary’s vital necessity?
2. How was Martha distracted?
3. What did Martha ask of the Lord?
4. How did the Lord chide Martha, showing how vital her sister’s choice had been?
Read Jeremiah 30:21
5. What question is asked at the end of this verse?
The verse in Jeremiah leaped off the page at me the first time I read it. I found myself stunned by the question, yet desiring to answer, “It’s me, Lord! I will!”
How will you answer the question of Jeremiah? To whom or what will you devote yourself? Meditate on this verse today.